Australian businesses have finally made room for the social media particularly for Facebook as one of their preferred marketing tools in generating sales leads. Relatively, according to The Australian Online Consumer Landscape, a recent report from Nielsen, there has been significant growth in the interaction between Australians and brands and organisations using social media.
Try to consider the The Nielsen report in 2011 about the latter:
- 57 percent of Australians who went online ‘liked” a Facebook page belonging to a brand or organisation. This was up from 46 per cent in 2010.
- 47 per cent of Australians who went online interacted with brands on social media platforms. This was up from 41 per cent in 2010.
- 71 per cent of Australians who went online used social platforms to read the opinion of other consumers on brands, products or services.
Given these kind of data showing the behaviour of Australian Facebook users, we can now conclude that Facebook indeed is a strategic tool in marketing a product or a service in an Australian market. However, integrating the latter doesn’t seem to be as easy as liking a Facebook status. It has to undergo a series of marketing planning such as considering who your costumers are, how they behave, and how will you target your product and services to them.
It is also important to take note that utilising the social media such as Facebook in a business doesn’t give you the assurance of immediate success.
Basically, you need to engage with the users first and eventually build a relationship with them. Try posting interesting and engaging information, this will drive the users of wanting to read more. Remember that you are leading your customer into a conversation and not into an awful sales talk where you are overtly selling anything.
Social media marketing has indeed become an essential part of the professional life of Australians; and with the growing community of Australian Facebook users, business after business are already engaging on this viral trend of generating sales leads through the “professional Facebook-ing.”
Latest posts by Maegan Anderson (Posts)
- Exploring B2B Customer Dynamics the Effective Way through Automation - October 20, 2015
- Looking for a Business Partner in Australia? Take these Points to Mind - August 13, 2015
- B2B Marketing in Australia: The 7 Rules to Stronger Appointment Setting Results - June 11, 2015