Yes, we have all heard this all the time, but too many of us involved in the B2B appointment setting game tend to forget developing our empathetic side. Remember, you want to establish a relationship with your prospects. Try putting yourself in their shoes.Related: The Eight-Point Communication Strategy For Better Appointment Setting
- OwnershipBe it a problem or an issue faced by customers, even if this is not your fault, you still need to take ownership of it. Letting the customers know that you are in control of the situation will show them of your responsibility and care.
When conducting business or telemarketing transactions, make it a point that you properly follow-up any call that you make. It is all about being punctual and responsible for the time you gave.
- FairnessWhen doing business, always make it a point not to give preferential treatment on some customers. Being a biased businessman will not do well for your sales leads effort, ultimately ruining whatever chance you have in making profitable sales in the long term.
- BalanceBeing in business is walking the thin line between making a profit and providing a service. Striking that right balance of helping your customers and reaching profitability targets of your company is a must.
- ExpertiseFor what reason should customers believe whatever you say? If you become the expert of your industry. Study your business well, participate in online forums, publish articles and books, etc. There are a lot of things that you can do to show your knowledge.
There will be times when you just have to back away from a business deal, especially if you have no way of providing what the customer needs. Really, it will not hurt you to point these customers to other businesses. At least you are providing good customer service.
- SpontaneityUsing a calling script is useful for B2B telemarketing campaigns. But you should only use this as a guide. Be natural and spontaneous in your business discussions. Your prospects would appreciate that.